· Visionary leader with a wide variety of experiences and education.
· Experience in preaching, counseling, coaching, and leadership development.
· Currently serving as senior pastor at New Faith Chapel in Romulus, Michigan.
· Skilled at learning new concepts quickly, working well under pressure and communicating ideas clearly and effectively.
· Recently served as a Bible translator and church planter for the Bilala people of North Africa
Ministry History & Accomplishments
Lead Pastor at NFC
Romulus, MI; New Faith Chapel 2012-
· Lead Pastor at NFC...a familial church which blends Southern Gospel and Contemporary music in praise to God.
for the Keystone Project
Keystone, SD; World Partners 2007-2011
· The Keystone Project seeks to cast a vision for indigenous disciple-making movements throughout the world by training national leaders during a month-long seminar and maintaining contact with them after they return to their countries.
· Personally coached leaders from Kenya, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Chad, Bulgaria, and the United States.
Bible Translator, and Church Planter Chad; World Partners 1998-2011
· Researched and authored the first grammatical and phonological description of the Bilala language.
· Translated the essential story-line of the Old Testament and a significant portion of the New Testament for the Bilala people.
· Assisted in the Bilala church planting movement that is a first of its kind among a Muslim people-group in Chad.
· Spoken in houses, schools, traditional churches, mega-churches, and on college campuses.
Pastor of Education
Royal Oak Missionary Church 1993-1996
· Assisted the senior pastor in preaching, performing weddings, funerals, and providing various types of counseling.
· Responsible for all aspects of child and adult education at ROMC.
· Responsible for teacher training, leading seminars, leading the college-age singles ministry, and outreach.
· Implemented new curriculum, organized electives, and authored various manuals.
Th.M. New Testament Thesis in progress
Grand Rapids Theological Seminary
· Studied under Dr. David L. Turner an expert in Matthean studies.
· Assisted Dr. Turner in teaching classes at the graduate level.
Asbury Theological Seminary
· In addition to the traditional pastoral courses typical of a Masters of Divinity degree, I also took about thirty hours of classes from the E. Stanley Jones School of World Mission and Evangelism.
· Studied “Church Growth” under George G Hunter III.
B.A. International Ministries 1990
Moody Bible Institute
· Graduated Summa Cum Laude
· Participated in a wide amount of ministry during my time at Moody including, door-to-door evangelism and discipleship in Cabrini Green (a former housing development to the West of Moody), street evangelism, and Inner City Impact.
· Grew up in the Detroit area (Clawson).
· Met my wife Amy (from the Grand Rapids area) in college and married her after completing a year of seminary.
· Waited several years before God gave us a daughter and then watched over the next several years to see our family expand to three daughters and one son (ages 11, 9, 5 3)
· Love reading (especially theology, church history, missions and science-fiction), computers, camping, hiking, canoeing, chess and ping-pong.