- Visionary leader with a wide variety of experiences and education.
- Experience in preaching, counseling, coaching, and leadership development.
- Formerly on staff of a multi-staff church between 400-450 attendance.
- Skilled at learning new concepts quickly, working well under pressure and communicating ideas clearly and effectively.
- Currently serving at New Faith Chapel in Romulus, Michigan
Ministry History & Accomplishments
Senior Pastor of New Faith Chapel, Romulus, MI 2011-Current
- Senior Pastor at NFC serving a familial community in the Down River Area
- I implemented new programming including AWANA and Disciple Land for children, additional teaching options for the Adults, and set up a church library with books and multimedia.
- As senior pastor at NFC I work alongside a great team of men and women leaders who oversee the worship, discipleship, fellowship, service and outreach ministries.
- I have conducted weddings and funerals for those both inside and outside the church and for as few as a dozen to as many as over four hundred.
- I encouraged a culture shift within the church to focus on making disciples.
- I introduced Life Transforming Groups (LTG’s) according to Neil Cole’s model.
- I conducted pastoral training in Kenya and Uganda.
- I see my fundamental role as a disciple and a disciple-maker.
Coach for the Keystone Project, Keystone, SD; World Partners 2007-2011
- The Keystone Project began as a ministry of World Partners and was designed to to cast a vision for indigenous disciple-making movements throughout the world by training national leaders during a month-long seminar and maintaining contact with them after they return to their countries.
- I personally coached leaders from Kenya, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Chad, Bulgaria, and the United States.
Bible Translator, and Church Planter, Chad; World Partners 1997-2011
- Working with a national team of translators, I translated the essential story-line of the Old Testament and a significant portion of the New Testament for the Bilala people of Chad, Africa.
- I assisted in the Bilala church planting movement that was a first of its kind among a Muslim people-group in Chad.
- I had the opportunity to speak in homes, schools, churches, mega-churches, and even on college campuses.
- I assisted in teaching various New Testament courses at Grand Rapids Theological Seminary.
Pastor of Education and Development, Royal Oak Missionary Church 1993-1996
- I worked alongside the senior pastor in preaching, performing weddings, funerals, and providing various types of counseling.
- I was responsible for all aspects of child and adult education at ROMC.
- My responsibilities included teacher training, leading seminars, leading the college-age singles ministry, and outreach.
- Implemented new curriculum, introduced the concept of adult electives, and authored various manuals for the Sunday School department and Small Group ministries.
Th.M. New Testament Thesis in process.
Grand Rapids Theological Seminary
- I studied under Dr. David L. Turner an expert in Matthean studies.
- I assisted Dr. Turner in teaching various classes at the graduate level.
Asbury Theological Seminary
- In addition to the traditional pastoral courses typical of a Masters of Divinity degree, I also took about thirty hours of classes from the E. Stanley Jones School of World Mission and Evangelism.
- I studied “Church Growth” under George G Hunter III.
B.A. International Ministries 1990
Moody Bible Institute
- I graduated Summa Cum Laude
- I participated in a wide variety of ministry during my time at Moody including, door-to-door evangelism and discipleship in Cabrini Green (a former housing development to the West of Moody), street evangelism, and Inner City Impact.
- I grew up in the Detroit area (Clawson).
- I met my wife Amy (from the Grand Rapids area) in college and married her after completing a year of seminary.
- I waited several years before God gave us a daughter and then watched over the next several years to see our family expand to three daughters and two sons (ages 16,14, 10, 8 and 4).
- I love reading (especially theology, church history, missions and science-fiction), computers, camping, hiking, canoeing and ping-pong.
- We’ve enjoyed ministry in a variety of cultures and locations, but consider Michigan home.
- I am ordained in the Missionary Church (head quartered in Fort Wayne, Indiana)